IMGH Usage Policies
- Disk Space, Bandwidth, and Email Usage Definitions
How much disk space and bandwidth will my IMGH plan include?
- The limits on the disk space or data transfer (bandwidth) that we provide are in our shared hosting plans. We want you to have all the resources you need to build a great online presence, and 99.95% of all customers will have more than enough disk space and bandwidth to meet their needs.
- That being said, we do require all customers to be fully compliant with our Terms of Service and utilize disk space and bandwidth in the normal operation of a personal or small business website. In rare instances, we may need to put constraints on accounts that are using resources beyond what would be expected in the normal operation of a personal or small business website.
- Typically, IMGlobal Hosting customers only run into issues if they use their accounts for storage or file sharing purposes, which is not what our services are intended to support.
- In accordance with our Terms of Service, the disk space and bandwidth you use must be integrated into the normal operation of your website.
How do you determine "normal" operation?
- We run customer bandwidth and disk space utilization through a series of statistical analyses on a regular basis, and use the results of these studies to define "normal".
- Although the actual results of these analyses vary from month to month, one thing remains constant: 99.95% of our customers fall into "normal" range. In most cases, customers who fall outside the normal range are using their accounts for file storage or sharing purposes rather than hosting.
- Any questions about whether your website will fall into the normal range? Feel free to contact our change link team! We'll be happy to talk about your specific needs before you purchase your hosting plan.
What happens if I exceed "normal" usage?
- If we have concerns about your account's bandwidth or disk space utilization, you will receive an email asking you to reduce usage. Generally, we provide customers with a minimum of 48 hours to make these adjustments before taking the account offline.
- Again, the most common situations involve customers who use their accounts for storage of files—particularly multimedia files—that are not linked off of their websites. It is a very rare occasion for a customer who is managing a personal or small business website to exceed normal usage.
IMGH's Email Usage
- While IMGlobal Hosting allows its hosting customers to create unlimited mailboxes (i.e., POP/IMAP accounts), each domain is limited to 500 outgoing email messages per 60 minute period (all excess messages will be discarded and not delivered.)
- Thanks for choosing IMGlobal Hosting.